Monday 2 September 2013

Review | Eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner

No comments:
 



Before I start, I'd just like to say that before this summer I'd never actually used a liquid eyeliner before (unless you count the endless times I've attempted to and ended up looking like a panda in the process) so understandably, I'm a little bit clueless on what makes a perfect liquid eyeliner. That being said, I do know that they are not supposed to stop working when you're mid-way through perfecting that cat-eye look... which is exactly what happened to me.

I was browsing through the selection of magazines at my local Post Office when I spotted the free gift in the latest copy of Marie Claire. It instantly caught my eye because it looked familiar and I knew I'd heard of it somewhere before, so of course I proceeded to buy it.


Looks wise, I am quite fond of the packaging and the eyeliner itself appears sleek thanks to its silver outer cover.

Like I previously mentioned, i'm no expert at applying liquid eyeliner but as it's in the form of a pen I found it fairly easy. However after going along the top of my eyes I noticed a problem... the eyeliner began to stop working. The lines became light and faded as if there was no product left, which I put down to the heat (I bought this around the same time that England experienced hot weather for once.) But I'd literally only just used this product before it began to feel like it was running out; so my initial first impressions of it being a great eyeliner slowly turned to disappointment. 


So despite slightly disliking this eyeliner when I first got it, I left it a few weeks and then decided to give it another go. I have to say, I think leaving it for a little while definitely did it some good, as it started to work a lot better (I could draw full, black lines.. yay!) I found the eyeliner itself to be pretty good, with no smudging or running.. but I felt the nib start to curl up slightly on the end which made creating a winged effect fairly difficult. It was either making the lines too thin or too thick, with no in-between. 


Having looked at other people's reviews on this product, I've discovered that a few others felt the same in regard to it feeling as if it's drying up. Overall I did get on well using this and I do feel it is a good eyeliner despite the issues I had, but I'm quite thankful I didn't actually have to buy this at full price as I would have been a little bit disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment