Friday 16 January 2015

Mid-morning Munchies

No comments:
 

There's nothing I like better than a mid-morning snack. 

..Well, there probably is, but for the sake of this blog post, we can pretend that rice cakes with almond butter and chopped banana are THE best things in the world. If there is such a thing as a Holy Grail snack, for me this would probably be it. I'm guilty of being that person who just loves to snack, but sometimes it can be difficult to find the right sorts of things to nibble on. I know that if I don't prepare snacks in advance, I'll sniff out the nearest chocolate bar before you know it. That's where these little babies come into play - they're so simple to do and are perfect for slaying that darn hunger pang you get at 11am!



It sounds silly, but a few months back I didn't even know almond butter was a thing. I discovered it after watching Niomi Smart's 'Healthy Snack Ideas' video  which totally inspired me to rush out to Holland and Barrett to buy some. I assumed it would have quite a sweet taste as almonds typically do, however I'd describe this as more of a savoury spread (probably because the only other spread i've tried is Nutella, haha) which has a slight grainy texture to it. 




That being said, it's delicious with some chopped up banana and in my opinion it makes the perfect mid-morning snack.

They honestly take less than 30 seconds to prepare and are sooo yummy.

So there you have it - no more excuses for not having time to make healthy food choices!





No comments:

Post a Comment